Search Google from here

Monday, July 7, 2008

Reminiscience..

This past holiday weekend I sat around lazily in my air conditioning with my husband and his family. Somehow the subject turned to the awkwardness of our past, particularly high school. Each pulled out the skeletons and told the 'true story' of life in high school growing up varous places. The closing statement from each was similarly "I am glad I don't have to go back." Most disagreeably, I said "I would go back, I loved high school!"
Understanding, I do not believe that everyone had the "High School Musical" experience at good ole MHS, but I believe there is something nostalgic about that school that we can all call up in the times of reminiscience. Most of us could remember where our locker was, what our favorite cafeteria food was, and how many times we sat in the commons soaking up the luxorious sun of the commons. If you can't remember, check out the prolific photo albums you have of all the most important people of your life of the past.
Probably most of our memories will not be about the amazing scientifc discoveries or life changing mathematical formulas we learned, but the quirks and kicks of everyday high school drama. What's your most vivid (hopefully happy) MHS memory?

2 comments:

Harper said...

I'm with Nancy: I loved high school, and I'd go back (to certain events and times) if I could.

I'm thinking about my favorite moments ... and I will report back.

Natasha said...

I have to agree with Terrah and Nancy. Although there are MANY things about HS I would like to forget (stupid boyfriends, bad haircuts, fights with friends, etc.) I would go back in a heart-beat!

Most of my favorite moments center around the commons. Victory Dances(our sports teams were AWESOME!), sluffing 5th hour and eating skittles and hanging out after school. Oh the memories!

I'm sure there are more, but that's what I could think about right now